Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vintage Melmac Dinnerware

Melmac dishes are durable plastic dinnerware that gained popularity in the 1940s and 1950s. 

They are made from a Melamine resign and came in many bright colors, pastels and even some prints. Several Popular brands were Texas Ware, Boonton, Branchell, and Raffia Ware.

Because these dishes were so tough many of these sets are still around today for your enjoyment. They can be found at local thrift stores and flea markets for very reasonable prices. I have several sets myself and love them.







Some of my Melmac





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. Porcelain Dinnerware Set

    ReplyDelete